::: ‘Z’ is for ZOOM … and zelebrate!

Okay ‘Z’ is not for celebrate, but celebrate we are!

We are very excited to be involved in the BIG 20,000 ‘likes’ celebration taking place over at Deborah Stewart’s wonderful Teach Preschool Facebook page.

That’s TWENTY THOUSAND people following Deborah on Facebook … AMAZING!

Then of course there’s her wonderful Teach Preschool blog, Twitter, and her music, not to mention a brand new Preschool to run!  Deborah is a wonderful sharer of all things Preschool and a very highly valued and respected fellow early childhood educator whom we are proud to call one of the best friends we’ve never met!

To celebrate Deborah’s amazing milestone many of her preschool blogging friends, from all over the world, including us here in Australia, have joined up to help her celebrate ‘The ABC’s of Teaching Preschool” .

Never ones to miss a good party we have selected the letter ‘Z’ to celebrate with Deborah, and as she is musical, we have chosen to celebrate through song!

This song is called ZOOM and we always like to teach it to our children when we are discovering and exploring the many aspects of flight, aliens and outer space. Each one of those topics we find always lead onto many varied and exciting experiences. You can get an idea for the tune right here!

Up in the air I fly,

Zoom zoom a zoom zoom zoom.

Up in the clouds I fly,

Zoom zoom a zoom zoom zoom.

Zoom zoom,

zoom zoom,

a zoom zoom, zoom zoom zoom.

Zoom zoom,

zoom zoom,

a zoom zoom.

If you’re looking for some more fun flight and space ideas please check out the links below!

::: More Flying Machines

::: Unidentified Flying Objects

::: Balloon Rocket

::: Pendulum Play

::: Little Purple Alien

::: Little Purple Aliens – Part one

::: Little Purple Aliens – Part two

::: Moon Sand

::: Moon Sand Recipe

::: Jells Park Revisited

::: Kinder in the dark

::: Facebook

CONGRATULATIONS Deborah and thank you for making such a huge difference in the lives of Children, Educators, Tertiary Students of Early Childhood Education, Parents, Carers and Bloggers the world over … You are irresistible indeed!

Be sure to pop on over to Teach Preschool
to be part of  the big 20,000 milestone celebrations
and see how others are sharing
The ABC’s of Teaching Preschool!

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “‘Z’ is for ZOOM … and zelebrate!”

1. avatar Deborah says:

Oh – this just all looks so fun!!

::: Thanks Deborah … Congratulations again, and enjoy your celebration!!! :) :)

2. avatar Leeanne A says:

What fun! A bonus post with links – love it!

::: Thanks Leeane! While the link to the Zoom tune is very subdued we liked to crank it up. We reckon your children might like to dance to this one too. :) :)

3. avatar ayn colsh says:

I’ll have to add that one to my repertoire! I love all the great pictures! :)

::: Thanks Ayn … Have fun with it! :) :)

4. avatar Greg says:

I’m paying Zelebrate as I got away with Xtremely, Xceedingly, Xactly, etc.

::: Hee .. hee …Thanks for that Greg! I’m Xcited to pop over and read it! :) :)

Zoom…zoom…zoom. Love it. And I especially love the last picture. It sums up teaching preschoolers perfectly. Thanks for the song.

::: Hee .. hee .. hee … Thanks Scott … Isn’t she the cutest little alien you ever did see??? :) :)

6. avatar Mama Roses says:

Wow!! Love the post. So many ideas all in one page/post. Thanks for making it easy read :) !

:::Thank you for your lovely comment Mama Rose … Glad you enjoyed it! :) :)

7. avatar Juliet says:

Zuper-duper ideaz wiz lotz of pizzaz!

::: Hee .. hee .. hee … Thanks Juliet! :) :)

8. avatar Karen says:

How appropriate that the ‘Zany Duo’ of Donna and Sherry got the letter ‘Z’! A great way to finish off! Now that I have managed to read all posts from A to Z… I think it is time for me to ‘Zoom’ off to bed and knock out a few ‘zzzzzZZZZZZZZ’s’ of my very own making. Night all! :)

::: Hee … hee … hee! Night Karen! :) :)

9. avatar Cheri says:

This all looks so wonderfully fun! I’m trying to figure out what the paper plate art pictured here is and how it was done – can you please direct me to the right place on your site to find a description? Thanks so much and thanks for sharing all of these great ideas!!!

::: Cheri the beautiful paper plates were created using a salad spinner! We have 2 posts about how to do it … ENJOY! :) :) http://www.playbasedlearning.com.au/2010/06/little-purple-aliens-part-2/http://www.playbasedlearning.com.au/2011/04/salad-spinner-flowers/