::: tattooed rocks

We loved pet rocks. We loved rock sculptures. We loved rock bugs.

So we thought … why not decorate rocks with stickers and tattoos?

We grabbed a bag of those large rocks from Bunnings that you put on paths or around plants and found a variety of great tattoos that the children like to plaster up and down their arms.

They are easy to apply, naturally.

Just add water …

place on skin … or rock!

Press down for a while …

and carefully slip off backing paper.

Small stickers seem to work equally well on these shiny rocks …

and we feel that they will make a beautiful addition to our imaginative play props.

Tags: , ,

12 Responses to “tattooed rocks”

What a fun idea!
    ::: Thanks Scott! :) :)

2. avatar Lily says:

Love it, what a fab idea. I’m already on ebay buying temporary tattoos right now!

Thanks for another great idea x

:::Thanks Lily and you’re welcome! :) :)

3. These look gorgeous! Great idea…and such a fun activity x

::: Thanks Julie, it was a lot of fun. :) :)

4. avatar Jacqueline says:

I love this!

::: Thanks Jacqueline! :) :)

5. avatar Kate says:

These look gorgeous. I especially like the ones with the lizards. I can imagine my groups making a family of lizards and using them in their dramatic play.

::: The lizards a little stickers Kate … very easy to apply! :) :)

6. avatar Amy A says:

These look amazing! Did you cover them with anything to seal them? I was thinking Modge Podge might be a good choice to keep them longer :) .

::: Amy we haven’t covered the transfers with anything and they have survived so far BUT it certainly could be a good idea. The stickers would benefit from sealing as the children are able to pick them off. I have recently sealed a few of them with clear nail polish. :) :)

7. avatar Kim S says:

Another wonderful idea ladies! And I think Amy is right, sealing them with Modge Podge or similar would extend their life especially for children who like the challenge of picking things like stickers off. Some fairy themed ones would be great to add to your cork toadstools I think!

::: Great ideas all around there Kim. Thanks for sharing them! :) :)

8. avatar Tracy says:

Wow, those look fantastic! I especially like the black tattoos on the light rocks, they look very effective!

::: Thanks Tracy. The children like the ‘scary’ black ones too! :) :)

9. avatar Catherine says:

I love this idea so much! My kids have a bunch of tattoos but they don’t really like putting them on themselves. I think this will be on my list of summer activities for sure.

::: Have fun with it Catherine! :) :)

10. avatar Louise says:

Thankyou! a good follow up for the stones interest children always have….. :)

::: We can see just the children raiding those beautiful rocks from you playground Louise! :) :)

11. This is a great way to use extra tatooes.

::: It certainly is JD4′s Mom and lots of fun too! :) :)

12. avatar Nur says:

I am have just come across your site..what fantastic idea..i am currently in may last stage of diploma and can’r wait to try this out with the children when I am out on prac. on monday..
    Nur

::: You’re very welcome Nur … ENJOY and welcome on board! :) :)