::: rolling pin art

We pulled out a couple of rolling pins, covered one with fat elastic bands …

and the other with bubble wrap.

Our young friend spread heaps of paint over a board (with his hands of course – yummy!) and rolled the rolling pin over it to get a good coating on it.

With a bit of help from a friend we rolled out a long stretch of paper …

and then went for it! Ooh that looks great!

The elastic band one worked well too, although wasn’t quite as spectacular – it possibly needed more paint on it.

Combining both roller patterns was interesting.

The paint lasted a surprisingly long time – no top ups at this point.

Tags: , , ,

14 Responses to “rolling pin art”

1. avatar SquiggleMum says:

Fab idea – thanks for that one. Mr 2 will love it!

::: Have fun with it Cath! :) :)

2. avatar Rachelle says:

Beautiful and fun, as usual! Where on earth did you find a rolling pin with cookie cutters inside of it? (that is what i see there, no?)

::: It is a rolling pin full of cookie cutters Rachelle … It came from The Reject Shop (I think)! :) :)

Love it. Anything with bubble wrap must be a great idea!

::: You’re right there Scott … even just popping it is loads of fun! :) :)

4. avatar Pam says:

This reminds me- I’ve really got to try this with the kids- they will love it!

::: We reckon they will too Pam! :) :)

5. avatar Jennifer says:

Just imagine how good that would be with some colours like blue purple , pink …..I wish i knew where to get rolls of paper like that down Geelong way I miss having large rolls too…….seems the newspapers aren’t printed down this way anymore, that was one place I had hoped to get some end of roll paper…….

::: It’s a great roll of paper isn’t it Jennifer?! We picked it up over at Resource Rescue! :) :)

6. avatar Rachele says:

As usual, great idea!

::: Thanks Rachele. :) :)

7. avatar Esther says:

Fabulous idea! My 4 yr old will love it! She likes playing with rolling pin!

::: Have fun with it Esther! :) :)

8. avatar Amanda says:

THIS is waaaay too fun. So simple and I bet it kept her busy for a while!

I run Fun Family Crafts, a site similar in nature to Craftgawker and Spotlight, but different in that it’s a library of craft tutorials geared only at kids. I would love it if you’d stop by and submit this to be featured! (I link to you, I don’t post your tutorial on the site) Feel free to submit as many kid friendly craft tutorials as you like! http://funfamilycrafts.com/

::: Thanks Amanda! We’d love to be involved. :) :)

9. avatar Linda Y says:

I may try this to put different texture on my decorated cakes and/or fondant coverings. Thanks for the fab idea!

::: That’s a great extension of this idea Linda!

10. avatar Jewelry Rage says:

Great idea my 3 year old will love this.

::: Enjoy ‘JR’! :) :)

11. [...] 13. Bubble Wrap Painting from Irresistable Ideas [...]

12. avatar julie says:

hi. I was wondering if you remember where you purchased the rolling pin with the cookie cut outs inside?
    thanks
    Julie
    ps – I really enjoy all your ideas & plan to put more to use with my granddaughters. :u

13. avatar admin says:

Julie, it came from Woolworths a few years ago.