::: winners are grinners

Big news!! Because of all our wonderful followers who have a passion for our blog and took the time to vote for us in the “Edublog Awards“, we have actually won our category – “Best Group Blog”.

We are soooo excited! When we looked at our competition we didn’t think we would have a chance, but due to the wonderful support we have received from so many of you, we came out in front.

What can we say except thank you so much!!! Never did we think when we started on our blogging journey 15 months ago that we would be reaching not only a Melbourne audience, or Victorian or even Australian, but a world wide community of bloggers who are so totally supportive and encouraging of each other.

Also huge congratulations to our friend Teacher Tom Hobson who won his category of “Best Teacher Blog”, a very well deserved win for a passionate teacher of early childhood. Deborah Stewart of “Teach Preschool” was another deserving winner in the “Best Individual Twitter” category.

This is an award for early childhood, and it just goes to show … it really does take a village to raise a child, or in this case a whole blogging community to educate one!

Today “irresistible ideas for play based learning” may be holding the trophy but without the support of wonderful people like Jenny, who nominated us and Juliet, who was a great advocate in the push to get an early childhood blog across the finish line, and every single person who visits and voted for our blog we wouldn’t have made it this far. You often hear acceptance speeches at award ceremonies where people thank multiples of others for getting them across the line … well today we get it … we totally get it!

This award really is for everyone who shares our philosophy and belief in early childhood education, and to each and every one of you we say a sincere THANK YOU! :) :)

Tags:

12 Responses to “winners are grinners”

1. avatar Michelle says:

Congratulations Ladies!! You deserve it!! You are wonderful teachers and it shines through on your blog each day!! Keep up the wonderful, blessed work you do!!!

::: Thank you for enjoying what we have to offer Michelle and cheers to a great new year! :) :)

2. avatar Pam says:

:) congrats! Thanks for putting together so many wonderful ideas for us to see!

::: Thanks Pam it’s been a pleasure and we’ve loved sharing them!

3. avatar Deborah says:

What a sweet post! Go Early Childhood!!

::: Thanks Deborah and we mean it when we say this is a win for all of ECE! :) :)

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Early Childhood and Peter Staatz, Evridiki Dakos. Evridiki Dakos said: RT @Teach_Preschool: Edublog winners are grinners http://bit.ly/gsjbdy #ece #preschool #teachpreschool [...]

5. This has made my day! So proud of my lovely bloggy friends and hope you realise how inspiring you have been to us all over the past year. My little cherubs have been on the receiving end of many an irresistible idea from Sherry and Donna. Go early childhood education and go girls!

::: Thank you so much Jenny BUT we couldn’t have done it without YOU. You are as much an inspiration to us and the people who follow “irresistible ideas” as we have been to you! Awards like this are much bigger than US. It really is a much deserved acknowledgment for the value of early childhood education everywhere … at last! :) :)

6. avatar Kate says:

Congratulations Ladies, Thanks for giving me so much inspiration to try many many new experiences this year and helping to reinforce the “play based curriculum” message. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a safe and relaxing summer break.

::: Kate thank you so much! It’s just such a nice feeling to know we’ve helped to make a difference, extremely humbling but very nice!. Best wishes to you over the holidays too! :) :)

7. avatar Tracy says:

Congratulations! You definately deserved to win! Your blog educates and inspires! I am eagerly awaiting books and more training sessions…

::: Thank you Tracy! Training sessions we can help you with, in fact tomorrow we’ll let you know about our next ‘workshop’ . As for books? … Well … we’ll see! :) :)

8. avatar Teacher Tom says:

You’re work has helped make me a better teacher. I’m so happy to get to come here and learn from you!

::: Awww blush … Thank you Tom! You know we feel the same way about you … we couldn’t do this without your inspiration. It’s like the quote we posted on FB this week by Bernard Shaw – If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas. :) :)

9. avatar SquiggleMum says:

Congrats ladies. You had my vote, of course :-)

::: Thanks Cath! That means a lot to us! :) :)

10. avatar Juliet says:

Congratulations once again from me! Your impact is world-wide and I hope this award makes you realise that your ideas and inspiration is making a difference…to the 30+ children in your care and to the blogging world beyond.

All the best for 2011 and many more irresistible ideas for play-based learning!

::: Wowee Juliet you are so nice! Once again THANK YOU for all YOUR support! Next year our plan is to get out into the Australian education system and source lots of ideas from other schools and kindergartens and share them through “irresistible ideas”… If you think our ideas are irresistible Juliet, just you wait! 2011 is going to be about “Coming together, sharing together, working together, succeeding together. :) :)

I’m so excited and proud of all my ECE blog friends. Being among you makes me feel like part of the win. :)
    Thanks for all the inspiration you give.
    (I really must make a trip to Australia to see both of you–and Jenny–in action!)

::: Thanks Scott you’re very kind but this really is a win for ECE. It’s only through the support of people like yourself that we got there! Now as for that trip idea … you know once you right it down you can never go back on it! I think you and Tom should talk!!! :) :)

12. avatar Louise says:

Congratulations again – and I know I am dittoing the others but really, all I can say is Thank you and Go girls! :)

::: Thank you again Louise! :) :)