::: block play revisited again and again …

Thanks to the wonderful help and support of our followers we recently reconnected with Steven and Vanessa from “Block Play” formerly known as “Mahkupu”.

We had a lovely surprise this week when we received an excited phone call from Vanessa and Steven as they have been overwhelmed by the reponse they have been receiving from parents and teachers who have seen their product on our website.

They happened to be in the area visiting a local kindergarten extolling the virtues of their blocks, and wanted to have a chat about it, so popped by with a delicious cake for afternoon tea – sorry, no photo as it was scoffed really quickly! We had a great chat and they were thrilled to hear how our children continue to gain so much pleasure from playing, constructing and engineering with their fabulous blocks.

Besides the obvious (see above), we love that they are made from certified plantation grown hardwood and made in community workshops in Java, supporting the local population. Go Vanessa and Steven!

They are in the process of putting together their own website, but if you would like to get in touch with them meantime, their email address is blocks@tpg.com.au

Each time we’ve  posted about these magnificent blocks many followers from around the world, particularly the United States have shown interest in purchasing the blocks and having them shipped overseas. We have had a big chat to Steven and Vanessa about this and they have agreed that if they could find a responsible person to become an ‘Agent’ for their product they would seriously consider looking into the logistics of shipping their product to the U.S.

SO if you would be interested in chatting to Steven and Vanessa about this please send them an email or get in touch with us through out “Contact Us” page!

Tags:

15 Responses to “block play revisited again and again …”

1. Maria says:

Hi! I have a little award for you! Please, visit my blog: http://forskoleburken.blogspot.com/2010/07/jag-fick-pris.html
    Maria

::: Thank you so much Maria! 🙂 🙂

2. Catherine says:

I would be very interested in being their agent! I just moved to the US myself.

::: We will pass your details along Catherine, thank you! 🙂 🙂

3. Pam says:

Wow- these look like awesome blocks- I love the detail! Are the smallest pieces large enough so they wouldn’t be a choking hazard for children who may attempt to put them in their mouth?! (may not be an issue in your classroom- but sometimes is in mine!) Also, how much do they cost…I think I’m afraid to ask!

::: Pam the blocks are not small enough to be considered a chocking hazard. If you get in touch with Block Play @ block@tpg.com.au they will send you out their DVD catalogue which includes all their products including costs. We bought the entire set for kinder because the price was so fantastic! 🙂 🙂

4. Louise says:

I’m so glad they are back in business, their blocks do look inviting in your pics.
    How many sets did you buy or do you think you need for a kinder group?

::: Louise we bought the whole set and the children love and use each and every piece as they all mix and match together! 🙂 🙂

5. BookChook says:

The blocks do look great, I agree. I am very interested in materials that support the development of engineering skills in children, as I believe we need to teach those skills as well as encourage opportunities for their development.

6. Lauren says:

We have just finished unpacking our order from Block Play today.. We were one of those that have been in contact with them after seeing them here on your blog… They are fantastic, I really don’t know who was more excited the staff or the children… I am looking forward to seeing what creations the childrens can make using these. So a big thank you for sharing you wonderful block area with us…

::: WOW Lauren that is really exciting! We remember that exact feeling when we unpacked our blocks … we were all like kids in a candy shop. ENJOY! 🙂 🙂

7. Lisa says:

We also have a variety of these blocks at my centre. They are absolutely amazing. The block play is so different than that when using the larger traditional sized blocks. I often use them on a small coffee table (found in an op shop) so that the children have aplatform to work on. Well woth their money!

8. Lisa says:

We have also been using our sets of these blocks … combined with the traditional large blocks, the children are forming some amazing creations!!!
    Last week I also incorporated a couple of melways, hard hats, builders vests, cardboard and textas, and before we knew it, we had a building site – complete with a building manager!! LOL
    I just love the imagination that stems from these blocks!!!

::: We totally get it Lisa! Children just love to have real meaning to their play and these blocks give them that opportunity. Lucky, Lucky … HAPPY children! 🙂 🙂

9. cheryl stahl says:

These look like they would be soooo much fun. As a preschool teacher, I am always on the look out for new ideas or products. I would definitely be interested in buying a set. Hopefully they make their way to the USA soon. Best of luck to this company!

::: They really are amazing blocks Cheryl. We agree getting them to the U.S.A. would be fantastic. Many of our overseas friends are very envious of them! Rest assure the Block Play team would love to get them there if they could get freight cost down to an acceptable level. 🙂 🙂

10. cheryl stahl says:

By the way, I really enjoy your blog! 🙂

::: Thank you very much Cheryl and welcome on board! 🙂 🙂

11. Bianca says:

I’m interested in different types of props that you include with your block play. Have you got any suggestions???

::: Bianca block play is endless. Our children included them in imaginative play, sensory play, cars and trains … everywhere play. We always ensured the blocks were available to them each day by displaying them on open shelving and in baskets and they simply accessed them whenever they wanted to include them in their play. 🙂 🙂

12. Andrea says:

Those blocks are just stunning! I sent an email off to Steven and Vanessa, but do you have any idea what it would require to be an agent in the US (I am also opening a nursery school in September, so we’re a little busy over here, but there’s always room for another project!!!)

::: Andrea we LOVE these blocks too! We know Steve and Vanessa have looked into marketing them in the U.S. but you would need to discuss the options with them … good luck! 🙂 🙂

13. JennyJamesMomma says:

Hello. I sent an email to the address listed above for block play but it bounced back. There are so many sites under the title “block play” as you can imagine. Do you know how I could get in contact with them?
    BTW I love your blog!! You have given me so many ideas for fun with my son. Thank you.

::: Hi Jenny. Thank you for stopping by … we love that you are enjoying what we have to offer! As for Block Play, the only contact we have is this email … blocks@tpg.com.au We haven’t heard that it has changed but if we do we will update it on the post. 🙂 🙂

14. Luke Harris says:

There is more info on the block play people here: http://whois.domaintools.com/blockplayaustralia.com
    The domain is still parked, perhaps they still have plans.

15. Hi Donna & Sherry,
    Our new range of 100% self sustaining bamboo products can be viewed on our website http://www.blockplay.com.au

Cheers,