::: honest scrap award
Recently we received the “Honest Scrap Award” from Ayn Colsh @ Little Illuminations.
Ayn selected the following people to receive her awards.
All wonderful bloggers passionate about what they do.
Thank you so much for including us among them Ayn.
Now, as we’re quite new to the world of blogging and we’d never heard of the “Honest Scrap’ award before we didn’t know what it was all about when Ayn contacted us … however we have now figured it all out are really delighted to be a part of it.
So, in order to accept the award we need to tell you ten honest and (hopefully) interesting things about ourselves … and pass the award on to seven other bloggers who we believe deserving.
Okay first things first … So here’s our list of the ten things we would both like to share with you … hmmm … wonder if we’ll learn anything new about each other here?
Sherry ‘s List of 10
1. I have a great sense of adventure and love trying new things. A friend of mine says I have ants in my pants and never sit still!!
2. I have a great passion for the Australian outback and can’t get enough of it. I set off by myself a few years ago and drove around our wonderful country in my old Ford armed with my camping gear and with my push bike strapped to the back of my car. Oh what fun I had!
3. I am still in my 50′s and already have 8 grandchildren with another on the way – how lucky am I?
4. I love to dance and am a mad keen rocker, swinger (in the dance sense!) and lindy hopper.
5. I am not at all artistic, and am soooo lucky to have Donna as my friend and business partner.
6. If I am eating food I would rather eat it outside, preferably picnic-style with a nice glass of wine.
7. I am a member of a gorgeous group of family and friends who have been cultivating a small vineyard for a few years now and we have just started making our own wine from our own grapes. Yippee!!!
8. I have just become interested in doing the crosswords in our Melbourne morning newspaper, “The Age”, and am very disappointed at how bad I am at doing them. My aim is to complete one without referring to my cheat book (thesaurus)!
9. I started off my teaching career as a primary school teacher and did the swap to preschool 17 years ago. I haven’t looked back and never regret the change – I love it!
10. I regularly buy cooking magazines and drool over the recipes. As my babies have all flown the nest, my cooking doesn’t get any further than the aforesaid drooling.
Donna’s List of 10
1. I love to take photographs and share a friendly rivalry with my husband as to who can get the best shot … I unashamedly claim his best shots as my own … he’s incredibly patient with me.
2. I Love the beach … it is my favourite place in the world, but NOT in summer. I’m a cold weather girls so only go in autumn and winter … and I never swim … big sharks live in that water you know!
3. I am useless on a computer, just managing to stay one step ahead of what I need to know to keep our blog moving forward.
4. I have never seen the movie ‘Titanic’ yet I’m only two degrees of separation from Leonardo DeCaprio.
5. I would rather receive a bunch of gumnuts than a bunch of flowers … please!
7. I’d rather not read instructions … my brain simply doesn’t work that way. I prefer to just ‘do it’ and if it doesn’t work out I worry about it then!
8. I collect sticks … I really do … I have four ‘stick trees’ inside my home. One covered in fairy lights, one decorated with glass beads, another hung with stainless steel snow flakes and the fourth one is unadorned … I love every stick … Each one hand picked for its natural beauty!
9. I wear a gold number 24 on a chain around my neck … I’ve never taken it off.
10. I love seagulls!
Now for the people we would like to share this award with.
All here because we look in on them regularly and are inspired by the variety of what they share throughout the blogosphere – professionalism, time, information, generosity, creativity, comradery, ideas, friendship … and humour!
So here they are!
2. Teacher Tom @ Teacher Tom’s blogspot
3. Christie @ Childhood 101
4. Michelle @ Kozy kids
5. Maria @ Eco-Cycle Junkie
6. Kitten Muffin @ Filthy Wizardry
7. Arcady @ Playscapes
Thank you all for making a difference!
Tags: Honest Scrap Award